As inner city space reduces, the increase in townhouse and apartment living means we have to learn to live in communities where new and different rules apply. This podcast looks in to some of those issues and opportunities.
If you have any questions or comments about the episode, be sure to PM us via Twitter or email using the form on our home page.
Please note: all legislation and references are for and apply to Queensland, Australia. Ensure you check your own local laws and legislation which may be different.
OMB – https://www.omb.com.au
Nicholson Lawyers – http://www.nicholsons.com.au
Hickey Lawyers – http://www.hickeylawyers.com.au
McCullough Robertson – https://www.mccullough.com.au
Gadens – https://www.gadens.com
Associations and Support resources
Australian Resident Accomodation Managers Association (ARAMA)
Strata Communities Australia (SCA)
– Education – https://www.strata.community/about-us/education
– About Strata for owners – https://www.strata.community/understandingstrata/strata-owners
- Check for Defects – Body Corporate Manager will have a register
- Check the funding – Administration Fund AND Sinking Fund – review stability of levies charged
- Minutes of previous Body Corporate Committee meetings
- Think about whether Community Living is for you. See links to ARAMA and SCA for more information.
- When you are part of the community, vote. It gives committee member confidence, and assists in direction of committee decisions.
Intro and Outro music “Morning Wake Up”
under licence from Harv Audio Video. Thanks Harv.